One day last week I was home alone with the kids, so took the opportunity to set up a photo shoot with my two favourite subjects. No distractions or interruptions for the entire day meant I could focus on getting the perfect picture. Well, what a circus! I can now see why people in the entertainment industry say never work with children or animals. Although animals are in abundance here, I could barely control the kids so thought it best to save the animals for another day.
So in between baby nap times, phone calls, toddler sabotage and dog sabotage I managed to get a few snaps that made it worth the effort.
This is the bouquet from my wedding. I have it up on a high shelf in the house and Heidi is forever asking to touch it - today she got her chance...
| Heidi - 2yrs |
| Lewis - 5 months |
This is the only decent sibling snap I could get. I had enough trouble getting one child to sit still, look in the general direction of the camera and smile - let alone two!!
Yes, Tayla, I know the hat is on backwards ;-) This is actually the 'before' shot. He face planted into the ground shortly after I took this. I guess that's one of the perils of being a model.
I think this shot is the best I got all day, just wish he was smiling a little more...
So after a big day on set, my littlest star had had all he could take. That's ok little man, time to feed the animals anyway.
My sanity survived the day and so did Heidi (most of these shots of just Lewis are taken as I am trying to hold Heidi back from stomping on him). Enjoy, as there won't be another post like this for at least 6 months!!
No comments:
Post a Comment