Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Hay Man.....and his little helper

Every morning Darryn checks the 7-day weather forecast and last week showed favourable hay cutting conditions.  The old 'showers otherwise fine' line a frequent mention in every weatherman's vocabulary proved to be correct.  As the last row was cut the weather quickly turned from otherwise fine to showers.  It wasn't enough to ruin the hay, these hot days certainly helped get rid of the moisture as soon as it fell.

Tractor work, I thought, would be a great time for Heidi to spend some time with Dad.  When I mentioned at lunch that Heidi could go on the tractor with Dad, she then proceeded to quickly don her shoes and hat and with plenty of "C'mon Dad's" they were off to work.

 
I got two hours peace and quiet before Darryn sent out the "small child in a small space" mayday call.
 

 
 
 
So after the minor rain hiccup, 140 bales were loaded into the shed to join the 200 odd already there.  Poppa got a helper today, although you can't see Heidi in the passenger seat (or her teddy with his seatbelt on in the middle seat) I'm sure she would have been giving Poppa a lengthy explanation on some very important topic.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment