I recently turned the big 3-0! However, with two toddlers and an eleven day old newborn, celebrations were very sombre. Rhys had both Darryn and I up at 3:30am. Darryn bounced out of bed, me not so much, jumped in the car and headed south to pick up what he was calling my birthday present....'Wow' I can hear you saying, 'What a wonderful husband, the present must be a cracker!'
Three days later he returned home with this....
Yey! NOT! My seasick notions and general dislike of the ocean leave me not the least bit interested in all the 'fun' this new addition will bring us!
I did however venture out for its maiden voyage up the Fitzroy River. No waves. The kids loved it.
So a lifetime of saving and dreaming has bought me the 30th birthday present Darryn always wanted!
Luckily a beautiful diamond pendant necklace came in the mail on the day he got home!
I had a wonderful day, despite the husband absence. Heidi made me a mermaid birthday cake and my day was filled with lovely messages and phone calls. Thank-you everyone, turning 30 wasn't so bad after all!







No comments:
Post a Comment