February is a big month for us, birthday wise. With many family members and close friends celebrating their special days - we nearly have a birthday every second day for the whole month!! So for all those special people a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you from us.
This year we helped Poppa and Jake eat their birthday cake. The kids took great excitement in the cooking (and when I say 'cooking' I mean 'licking of the bowl') and decorating of Poppa's cake which we delivered to the yards for a smoko in the shed.
A few days later, after a 5am start and 100 calves branded Jake was able to tuck into this little masterpiece and enjoy his special day. Although we can't take credit for this creation - we can vouch for its yumminess!
As reward for Jake's hard work in the yards that morning we headed to one of our dams, now full, with the jetski in tow for some afternoon watersports. Kneeboarding and skim boarding were on the agenda for these thrill seeking boys.
It hasn't been all cake and parties, the last of the branding has been done this week. Despite the heat, which this mummy is feeling big time, we ventured down to help with the bringing up of the poddy's. Heidi is enjoying chasing up the calves and just being involved. She keeps everyone on their toes with shouts of 'open the gate Poppa', 'catch him Dad', 'good work everybody' and plenty of 'hurry ups' if we're not working to her pace! Lewis keeps an eye on the action from a distance, happy for his sister to be bossing somebody else around for a change!
We had a death in the whitegood family this week. I have, not so secretly, been willing this day to happen for a while now. All controversy aside, I believe microwaving is extremely bad for food quality and our health, so for the past two years I have not put a single thing in the microwave. Darryn, however has still enjoyed its convenience. I have threatened to throw it out many, many times, however this week it died a natural, unassisted by me, death. I quickly converted this space for my cookbook collection, before any mention of a replacement could occur and can now declare that our house is microwave free. I couldn't be happier!
Also on this weeks death list was our mower. So with the grass growing at a rate of knots, research was conducted, quotes were gathered, budgets were discussed and we welcomed this little beauty to our gardening family. In terms of zero-turn mowers we were virgins - having never even sat on one let alone experienced the fantastic features of speed and moveability they have to offer. It is absolutely fabulous - however, at 35 weeks pregnant I do find it a bit of wild ride for both me and baby!
Finally on the broken list - two gates left looking like this courtesy of a rouge bullock. So it was all hands on deck for this Sunday morning job - spanners for everyone :-)

















No comments:
Post a Comment